1. I love power yoga! I have always enjoyed a little yoga in my workouts but in January I started taking power yoga. This is not yoga for sissies! Your resting pose is down dog, no child pose here. We do inversion…headstands, hand stands, and pigeon pose on the wall. It’s fantastic. My upper body is stronger than it’s ever been. One thing I love about the class is the instructor inspirational lessons. Yesterday she spoke about expectations in others. How she would often get disappointed or angry with others based on her expectations or realities. Living within her realities and not judging people for their own was something she was working on. It was a good lesson for me. I am sometimes critical of others based on my own expectations. Something I hope to let go of a little.
2. Ava wants to be a kangaroo when she grows up. I forgot to blog this last year but don’t want to forget. She no longer wants to be a kangaroo….she doesn’t want to grow up!
3. My son has become impossible to photograph. If he sees ant type of camera he reaches for it and says “see it, mama see it.” It’s driving me crazy! I am missing all those candid moments because he is obsessed with looking at the lcd. I sure hope this phase passes quickly.
4. I am a taxi mom. I drive one big girl to school five days a week. I drive one little girl to school three days a week. I drive one little boy to the gym three to five days a week. I pick up both girls from school. I drive one to swim 4 days a week, one to ballet, one to tball, play dates, birthday parties, running errands, etc… there are some days when I don’t leave the car until the sun in down. Here’s a little peek over my shoulder of the morning drop off. These kids crack me up!
5. We are officially all forward facing in the car. After Jacks little barforamma we had to play some musical chairs. He ended up in his sister’s seat for the week while his was decontaminated. When his seat was installed it went in forward. It was time. He was ready, he is strong, and almost two. Look here for car seat recommendations and please make sure yours is installed by a professional like Scott! Most car seats are not installed or used properly.
6. Saturday was Scott's half birthday. Honestly, I didn’t remember until today but Saturday was crazy! Happy half birthday daddy…you’re catching up to me!
7. We’ve reached an important milestone here…..Jack will watch an entire movie! {insert sigh of relief here} After months of running around after this busy little toddler I can finally clean the toilet, or make dinner, or sit on the couch and cuddle. This is big! Lily watched just about anything at a very early age. Ava was about 20 months before she became obsessed with Curious George. Jack has had a short attention span for any TV. He would watch Elmo for about 5 minutes. But last week he took me over to the DVDs and asked for “memunks” or Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakquel! He sat and watched the whole movie! Now he walks around the house screaming “Aaaaaalviiiiiin!” It’s hilarious!
8. I’ve been shining my sink for four months now. It feels great. I’ve made some good habits that somehow got lost in the busyness of daily life. I’m continuing to add more and plan to really stick to it and declutter this summer. So far I get up and make my bed, get dressed (no shoes), throw a load for laundry in the wash, make breakfast, empty the dishwasher (at lunch if we’re short on time), hit my hot spot, fold laundry and put away before the end of the day, fill dishwasher throughout the day, start it every night, shine my sink. A few things I’m working on making more consistent…hitting my hot spots throughout the day, laying out everyone’s clothes at bedtime, checking my calendar every morning and night.
9. Do shop at www.etsy.com ? I do find some things that I just can’t pass up but mostly I love to look at the creativity out there. A couple of my friends have darling little shops you must stop by!
http://www.etsy.com/shop/lullabylofthttp://www.etsy.com/shop/shirkdesigns
10. It’s been 4 years since I started this blog. Look how far we’ve come….
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment