Thursday, May 13, 2010

my distraction

When I began blogging four years ago it was all pretty new. I followed a few scrapbooking blogs, a few photographers blogs and a few mommy blogs. Then the blogging world grew. I followed my family and friends who started blogs (yay!), photographers for inspiration, cooking and design blogs....my favorite list kept growing and growing. I was a lot to keep up with. Then I discovered google reader. It changed everything about my little blogging world. I didn't have to visit each blog individually. I can subscribe and each new post comes to my feed. I love it. What a time saver. Now for a while my reader got a little out of control...hundreds of subscriptions. Who has time for that? Over the past couple years I have narrowed my reader back to only my favorites, although a new favorite pops up every once in a while. I can even view my reader from my iPhone. Now my distraction has become quite convenient.

So if you don't subscribe to google reader or some other feed what are you waiting for?
Maybe I'll put together a list of my favorite blogs for a future post :)

No comments: