Wednesday, September 14, 2011

new beginnings


Six weeks ago the girls started school at Ryan Elementary.  I guess I'm saving this post because until now because I miss school starting after Labor day.  I mean really, school in July! It's been so hot they have only had recess a few times.  What we will take advantage of is the cooler weather during their long fall break!  We enjoyed out short summer but the girls were excited to start school and meet new friends.  

Lily left friends back in Surprise she'd been in school with since preschool.  She is a brave, independent and friendly girl.  I knew she would make friends.  So I was surprised when her nerves set in the night before the first day.   She was scared.  I felt terrible for her.  Eight years old, third grade, it can be tough on a girl.  Cliques are already formed.  Where would she fit in?  

Just before we moved Ava realized Mrs. Coronado would not be her kindergarten teacher.  She was Lily's kinder teacher and Daisy co leader. Would she have a teacher who is just as special?

That day they asked me to return for lunch.  Ava's was first.  I knew she was having a great day when I saw that big smile on her face.  And Lily, she makes friends at the grocery store.  Her first day jitters were long gone by lunch.  So today I am happy to report the girls are loving their new school and friends!

















No comments: