Thursday, September 09, 2010

ten on tuesday

I know it's Thursday, but it's been a while. 

1.  Ava will be five in only one day!  I asked her "how did that happen? What am I going to do?" She said "you still have Jack mom." 

2.  This birthday is a BIG one.  She's been asking about it for around 7 months.  We've been counting down on the chalkboard for over a month and she knows exactly what she wants....dsi, pillow pet, Red Lobster.

3.  I picked myself up a birthday present last week.  More on that later :)

4. My baby brother flew in from Italy yesterday! It's been several years since he's been home so we are all excited to see him.

5.  Do you use groupon.com?  I've picked up a couple smokin deals over there recently.  Gap, Lavenders Day Spa, AZ science center....

6.  Here we go again....fall activities are here.  Lily's in soccer and dance.  Ava's in dance.  They will be in ballet and tap together! Jack loves playing at soccer practice with his bff "Blate" and I'm back to swimming.

7.  Did you pick up your Polar Express tickets yet?  They're selling out.  Of course I procrastinated until last week and didn't get our perfect date but our second choice.  We are looking forward to our 4th trip to the North Pole!

8. I'm getting old and I feel it.  I ran a 10k last week and my hips haven't been the same.  I took about a week off.  I ran 4.5 miles yesterday and now I'm limping again.  Scott and I are training for  triathlon next month so this is not cool.  Taking another week off to swim, bike and stretch.  Hopefully I can run 5k next week.

9. I've been attempting to take a picture a day for the past two years.  It's really difficult to lug the camera around everywhere but since I've had my iPhone I take photos all the time.  I fount this amazing app that puts them right on a calendar I love it!

10. I love the summer.  I'm going to miss it so.  You know those songs that bring you back to a period or moment in time?  What was yours this summer?  My summer theme song is California Gurls for sure!  It started rotation around the time we were in San Diego and take me right back to that amazing trip.  It's a favorite of the kiddos too.

Until next time....

3 comments:

Dani Spivey said...

When are you going to Polar Express? We are going Saturday after Thanksgiving. The boys have never been!

melissa said...

We're going the following Friday. a quick turn around, the girls have a performance that weekend. They will love it! Read my tips here http://melissajensen.blogspot.com/2009/12/well-ya-comin.html

Dani Spivey said...

After I read your tips last year, I put it in my outlook to buy tix in May. Thanks!