Saturday, July 24, 2010

san diego - day three

Day three was Legoland!   Friends had given mixed reviews about Legoland but I was sure our kids would enjoy it.  They love big, fast rides.  And they did, but here's my review. The park was only open from 10am-6pm, which only left time for about 8 rides.  We had hopper tickets but didn't use them since the Sea Life Aquarium is now in Tempe and and we have summer passes to Wet and Wild.  The park was clean and the food was good.  The rides however were less than I expected.  Enough for the girls, but none for Jack! He was only able to ride on one itty bitty train.  I felt terrible.  My fault for not checking the height requirements, I just assumed because he was able to ride so many at Disneyland.  Ava was a bit short for the tallest height requirements, so she pulled out the wedge sandals :) Thank you Target.  The girls thought the rides were fun, but short.  They love the big roller coasters over everything!  Overall we had a great time but probably won't return until Jack is 42". 

On our way home I broke out the handy iPhone to yelp  the nearest restaurants and found Pelly's.  Amazing fresh seafood.  Next time you're in Carlsbad I highly recommend you check them out. 

We made it home, tucked the kiddos in bed and took a walk on the boardwalk.  When we walked in the door Grammy was going on about the earthquake.  What? We didn't feel a thing! My 2nd earthquake (1st was on Easter) and haven't felt a thing.  Thinking back later that night it made sense why the pool we passed on our walk had large waves and no one in it....

I had the big camera along so not too many iPhone photos.

No comments: