Friday, June 04, 2010

go swordfish!

This year our summer will be spend pool side!  Lily made the swim team this year.  She is so excited and loves it!  What a commitment though...practice four mornings a week and two THREE hour meets a week, for eight week!  She's a really good swimmer but not so quick, she looks as if she's out for a leisurely float.  We've been trying to prepare her for her first meet, getting her in race mode.  She says "Mom, its' okay if I don't win, I just want to have fun."  Oh sweet girl, I'm so proud to hear you say that, but I know you're a little more competitive than that. 

So the first race was a four person relay.  I was surprised to see her really push it.  She swam her lap, hopped out of the pool and waited.  In the mean time the anchor had to pee and missed her turn so Lily swam her lap too.  The anchor made it back, swam and finished.  Well, they ended up getting 7th place out of 8 (they would have had second or third).  Lily was not happy.  Of course she was understanding after I explained how sad her friend was for missing her turn.  She moved on and swam her hardest the last two events.



And in the end she was thrilled to finish backstroke and freestyle with 5th place ribbons!  That's my girl!


3 comments:

claubmeier said...

Oh my gosh! I love the last pic of her holding her ribbon! Go Lily!

Matt & Amanda said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! LOVE IT! She looks so much like you in these pics!

Dani Spivey said...

You can totally see Lily's confindence in her pictures. She is so awesome! XO